Additional module: Review Portals
The additional module "Interface: Review Portals" allows you to automatically send guest information to a review portal so that they can remind the guest to leave a review about their stay at your accommodation.
The requirements for sending guest data to an evaluation manager
- The departure date of the booking is a maximum of 180 days in the past or a maximum of 180 days in the future
- The booking has the status "checked out"
- An email address is recorded with the guest
- The guest has given his/her consent to send the data to an evaluation manager (see below)
- No data has yet been sent to a valuation manager for this booking
- The data is only sent for one guest per booking. If an email address for the main guest is stored and this guest also has the "consent to send data to rating portals", then this guest will be used preferentially. If the main guest does not meet one of the two requirements or if he does not travel by himself ("is self guest" is set to "OFF"), the first found fellow traveller who meets the requirements will be used.
Permission of the guest
The guest has to agree to have their data sent to the review portals. This permission setting is done in the guest files:
Booking data is only sent to a review portal if the following criteria are ALL met:
- At least one guest of the booking has given permission and listed an email address.
- The booking has the status "Checked Out".
- The booking's departure date is no less than 2 days in the past.
Settings for the Review Portals
Under Administration > Additional Modules > Review Portals you'll find the settings. You can select a different review portal for each object in Lodgit Desk.
1. In the left list, select the object and check the box Use review portal.
2. Then, select the review portal from the list and enter the house ID that you are listed with on the portal with.
Then you can check the box Automatically send data to the review portals. Once a day, this will send all bookings in the status "Checked Out" whose departure date is in the future or within the last two days.
The emails are supposed to be sent in a timely manner in regards to the stay. That's why the review portals only want to receive booking data for those bookings that have their departure date in a certain time frame (often only until the day before the send date). This means that some bookings may not be sent to the review portals if the status "Checked Out" is set too late.
You can also send the data manually through the Actions menu.
This will list all the bookings with the status "Checked Out" that are in the specified time frame.
Expired bookings are too old to be sent to a review portal.
Sent bookings have already been sent to a review portal. Select the list entry and the "Details" window will list the data that was sent.
Open bookings have the status "Checked Out" and a departure date that theoretically allows for them to be sent to a review portal. It is still possible that none of the guests have email addresses listed or agreed to have their data sent to a review portal and so the booking cannot be sent! Select the list entry and look at the "Details" to see if the booking will be sent or not.
All data that was sent will be listed here.
If there are any issues with sending the data, they will be listed in this log.